Years ago, when we would speak about having a multi-room audio system, it was an element of our wildest dreams that only the very wealthy could afford for their homes.
Today as technology in audio has advanced, these systems that used to be in our dreams can be a reality.
According to studies from IAB Ireland, “2.53 million Irish adults (71%) list to digital audio in an average week in 2020, up 9% on 2019. The study also highlighted that there was growth in the consumption across all digital formats;
- Podcasts (+33%)
- Online Radio (+32%)
- On-Demand Music (+31%)
With the consumption of audio growing even further year on year, now is the best time to set your home up for an audio haven at just the touch of a button.
Bright AV has been installing multi-room audio systems for years and has received fantastic feedback from our customers who said it is a pure game changer for their audio consumption and sets the tone to kick back and relax after a long day.
We work with is the award-winning ELAN system. Elan shares the same values as ourselves in that they are dedicated to “simplifying and enhancing the smart home experience.”
Here are some commonly asked questions that we receive about the solution:
What is multi-room audio?
Multi-room audio describes a group of individual devices – speakers, amps, soundbars, AV receivers – that enables you to play your music seamlessly around your home from a central device such as smartphones or tablets.
Where do I want to listen to music?
Think beyond your everyday listening habits. You can listen to your music in any room in the house, not to mention the outdoor opportunities such as on your patio or in the garage.
What are the benefits of installing multi-room audio?
There are a number of benefits associated with our multi-room audio solution.
- You have various types of speakers available to you that are suitable for different locations around your home.
- You are in control wherever you are in the house via the Elan app on your smartphone or tablet.
- You can play different music simultaneously in any number of audio zones. So while the kids watch a movie in the living room, you can enjoy your favourite tunes elsewhere in the house without disruption.
- The system can deliver content from all your various sources, such as iTunes or Spotify, local and international radio channels, for example, through TuneIn or music stored on your device.
- It is also modular, so if your budget is at first limited, you can add to the system over time.
How do I control the audio?
You can control the various audio sources playing in the different rooms via the Elan app on your smartphone or tablet or a dedicated touch panel on the wall.
What are the next steps?
Get in touch with Sara to arrange a consultation to assess your home and get advice on the best audio solution to meet your needs and budget.